Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sometimes I am absolutely amazed by other people's memories. It is interesting to hear what they remember, what was salient to them.

This evening I was chatting with Hubbs. Apparently he was occasionally nervous about me working as a social worker. I think because of this "fear" he remembers a lot of the stories I would tell him from work. Several of them I had forgotten, including this gem that had me laughing when it happened and had me laughing tonight. The story does not involve me, but a co-worker. Names have been withheld to protect the innocent and my legal responsibility as a social worker. We called all our clients consumers since they were mental health services consumers.

Consumer: Can we have sex?
Social worker: No, we have a professional relationship.
Consumer: Can we have professional sex?

No comments:

Post a Comment